Lawsuits can happen for a number of reasons. Regardless of the outcome, you should have the peace of mind that you won’t lose everything. This is where asset protection comes in.
Request Your Complimentary Consultation from a CFP® Professional
Asset protection planning
In asset protection planning, a ProVise financial professional reviews your assets and builds a plan to protect them.
At ProVise Management Group, our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals can sit with you to evaluate your assets that may be vulnerable to creditors in a lawsuit. Once we have identified these, we will help you form a plan to potentially isolate your assets through the use of protected assets under the law, proper titling of assets, property and casualty insurance, etc.
As stated before, it’s important to form an asset protection plan before a lawsuit occurs. Any attempts to shift assets in anticipation of law suit, during a lawsuit or after you have lost one might be viewed as attempted fraud and is punishable by law.
How asset protection planning works
Asset protection plans are built primarily around two areas of finances:
- Financial planning — You and a ProVise CFP® professional can review your short-term and long-term financial goals to determine your financial circumstances and how to prepare for the future. We personalize all financial plans to each client based on their needs and what they value.
Once you have a financial plan that works for you, our CFP® professionals can review your assets and determine what is protected by law and what is not. We will use this information to help you potentially protect those that are not covered by law.
- Estate planning — Life is full of surprises. Some of them are tragic, like death or loss of mental function. It’s best to have a plan for your assets in the event that you are not in a position to manage them. You want your heirs to be able to acquire your assets with as little trouble as possible and an asset protection plan helps.
ProVise’s CFP® professionals can help you create an estate plan that includes asset protection to ensure your heirs can manage your assets without losing them to taxes, creditors or other interested parties.
We always follow legal practices when developing an asset protection plan for our clients. We do not illegally hide assets or funds from creditors or take part in unscrupulous activities.
Keep your assets safe with asset protection planning from a CFP® professional at ProVise
Our team has over three decades of experience in developing financial plans for a variety of clients. We always personalize our plans based on values, goals and risk tolerance. We will provide a personalized financial plan for you at a fiduciary standard of care and offer an unconditional money-back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the written plan, simply return it to us, and we will refund 100% of the fee paid. Once you’re ready to work together, we will create an implementation strategy and establish a monitoring system that meets your needs.
Are you ready to talk to a ProVise CFP® professional about keeping your assets safe from loss in a lawsuit? Contact ProVise today for a complimentary consultation.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Financial planning is not one big thing…it is hundreds of little things™. We will walk with you every step of the way through investments, debt payoffs and everything in between to help you reach the financial goals that matter most to you.
STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE
Read our market analysis reports to stay up to date on the raw numbers that impact your financial landscape.
Physicians’ financial planning is unique, with typically a short time between finishing their training and when they step away from practicing medicine. Less time working compared to other professions generally leads to different rules to becoming financially independent. With such busy schedules of seeing patients and limited time to spare, a way that physicians can make sure they are on the right track and increase their odds of financial success is by hiring a financial advisor. But how do they know the right time to hire an advisor and partner with an expert?
From 1920 to 2020, the U.S. population of adults 65 and older grew almost five times faster than the total population. As of the 2020 census, this group had reached 55.8 million, representing 16.8% of the U.S. population. With the increasing number of adults in the United States aged 65 and older, it’s worrisome that their overall financial health literacy remains relatively low.
Only 18 months ago, managing cash was not something that anyone was really thinking about. However, the Federal Reserve’s Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) has raised interest rates 11 times since March 2022 to combat the worst inflation the U.S. has seen in 40 years, taking short term rates from 0% to over 5%.
- About Us
- Asset Protection
- Banking and New Proposed Taxes Webinar – March 20, 2023
- Blueprint sections 2
- Bullet Disclaimer
- Business Owners
- Client Center
- Complimentary Consultation
- Confidential Income Expense Worksheet
- Contact Us
- Debbi Darchi
- Designation Disclosure
- Environmental, Social and Governance
- Eric R. Ebbert
- Estate and Trust Planning
- Evelyn Sheridan
- Financial Planning
- Financial Planning 2
- Financial planning for professionals
- Form ADV
- Form Test page
- Four Ways Doctors Can Save on Taxes
- Four Ways Doctors Can Save on Taxes – Download
- Helpful Resources
- Holly Harman
- Hurricane Info
- IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
- In the Community
- Income Expense Worksheet Form
- Independent Women
- Jon Brethauer
- Kimberly Adams-DiPiero
- Managed Client Form
- Nancy Croy
- New Client Forms
- News & Insights
- Our Team
- Paul H. Auslander
- Personal Financial Officer
- Peter Seriano CFP
- Philanthropy & Charitable Giving
- Planning Disclosure
- ProVise Planning Experience
- Provise Planning Graphic
- Ready To Retire
- Recognition Disclosure
- Retirement Plan Consulting
- Retirement Planning
- Retirement Readiness Survey
- Review of 2022 and Secure 2.0 Act Webinar
- Russell Campbell
- Sandy Risgaard
- Savvy Events
- Shane O’Hara
- Social Security Webinar – February 22, 2023
- Steve Athanassie
- Steve Csenge
- Subscribe to ProVise Perspective$
- Susan Washburn
- Thank You – Consultation
- Thank You For Contacting Us
- Thank You Planning Packet
- Thanks for Subscribing
- V Raymond Ferrara, CFP®
- Wealth Management
- Who We Serve
- Tampa #2